So what is Roomba? Roomba is a programmed vacuum cleaner of a compact size that works with individual guidelines to work around the home. The robot uses spinning brushes and a vacuum to pick dust and debris like conventional cleaners.
How does Roomba Work?
The computerized vacuum cleaning robot combines preprogrammed instructions with intelligence in varying amounts. This makes it clean a surface independently.
With a flailing brush on the side, the dirt is pushed under the robot. The dirt is pushed further towards a powerful by the counter-rotating brushes. The vacuum sucks the dirt and stores it in a little litter bin.
Roomba vacuum cleaner uses battery power to clean large areas following various patterns. The machine can avoid obstacles, detect a cliff, nature of the surface, and other numerous operations. When the battery is empty, or the cleaning is done, the Roomba vacuum cleaner goes back into its docking section to recharge.
This robot can clean breadcrumbs, soft pet hair, human hair, flour, and other debris. Also, its powerful vacuum and brushes can clean the corners perfectly.
It cleans a room thoroughly any time of the day or night and goes back to its charging station. The Roomba 880 then continues with cleaning from the last point if the cleaning was incomplete.
- Useful in cleaning pet hairs and other particles.
- It has good navigation.
- Mobile app-useable.
- Ideal for many floor surfaces.
- Works with remote control.
- Brings ease of cleaning.
- It can clean under furniture.
- Roomba 880 is not accurate to follow a cleaning pattern indicated in the customer’s manual.
- Produces a lot of noise when working.
This robot has “auto-adjust” feature that makes it adjust automatically when cleaning tile, hardwood, carpet, and linoleum floors. Roomba 805 is an improvement of the previous models and boasts 5x more power.
The robot automatically returns to docking station just like Roomba 860. However, it lacks an “auto-resume” feature but can be set manually.
- Features concentrated cleaning.
- Fairly priced.
- Smart schedules.
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Batteries.
- It has 3x battery life.
- Tangle-free debris removers.
- It has no multi-room navigation.
- Does not have a remote control.
- Can’t be used with a mobile application.
Roomba 960 is ideal for cleaning pet hair, large debris, dust, and dirt without getting tangled. It features a 3-stage cleaning system.
The multi-surface brushes of Roomba 960 together with a powerful suction with 5x power do not leave any hiding debris.
Its edge-sweeping brush design is at a good angle to clean the corners and edges, pushing the dirt to the vacuum for sucking. Lastly, it has a high-efficiency filter that captures allergens, mites, and dust at 99% accuracy.
- Roomba 960 handles different types of floors.
- It works quietly.
- Its navigation capabilities are great.
- The robot works with mobile apps and voice control through Google assistant, Alexa, and Amazon.
- The app can show the map of cleaned areas.
- The user cannot steer the robot using the phone app.
- It sometimes gets stuck under furniture with low levels.